Have you always dreamed of scuba diving?
Imagine experiencing weightlessness as you swim through schools of fish and witness some of the incredible marine life of Western Australia and the Dampier Archipelago. This is what dreams are made of and it’s all possible when you learn to dive with Pilbara Dive and Tours.
What is the PADI Open Water Diver Course?
The PADI Open Water Course is the first level of your diving certification. You’ll learn how to become a safe, competent and confident diver and you’ll be certified to dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters. When you finish your PADI Open Water Course with us you’ll feel proud of your accomplishments, you’ll have made new friends and you’ll have your ticket to dive anywhere in the world – not just in Australia!
During your course you’ll need to complete knowledge development (theory) modules and confined water (swimming pool) sessions, then you’ll be able to join us for your first dives in the ocean in Western Australia.
- Knowledge Development utilizing independent study from home with PADI eLearning which enables you to study online from home – and at your own pace. It also means that you can complete the course with us in just 3 days and without having to spend hours in the classroom!
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills. You couldn’t ask for anywhere better to learn to dive. You’ll be in the hands of a capable, experienced dive instructor in safety of a controlled swimming pool environment.
- Open Water Dives to use your new skills and explore the beauty of Western Australia underwater. We have two course options available. Choose to make your dives from shore and explore our local dive sites, or choose to include a Dampier Archipelago day trip and make 2 incredible boat dives in this pristine region.
Please note: Prerequisites for the Open Water Dive Course include:
- 12 years of age or older
- Medically fit to dive (you will be required to fill in a medical questionnaire)
- Be able to swim 200m and tread water for 10 minutes
No prior experience of scuba diving is required.
Why Take the PADI Open Water Course in Pilbara?
Dive in the incredible Dampier Archipelago and you’ll witness some of the most incredible marine life on Earth. Sightings of dolphins, manta rays and turtles are not unusual and if you are joining us between July and October, you might even catch site of a humpback whale!!
Why Learn to Dive with Pilbara Dive and Tours?
The short answer is that we are fun, friendly, professional, love teaching and have high regard for safety. We specialise in personal service and attention to detail to ensure you have the best introduction to diving possible.
You can rest assured that you are diving with experts who understand the area and who have an ongoing passion for teaching diving! All of our PADI Instructors are professional, fun and have a love of sharing the amazing underwater world of Western Australia with new divers!
Don’t just believe us, here’s what our students say…
“Thanks Natalie, I really loved taking the Open Water Diver certification with you. The course was well structured and your teaching style is fun, organised and easy to follow. I felt safe in the water with you and confident that your diving experience has taught me the skills I need; I already want you to teach me the Advanced course! Your knowledge of the sea is fantastic; you have shown me some amazing sea life and I can’t wait to get out and explore some more.” Reviewed by Angela Ballantyne, Western Australia.
We understand that everyone’s needs are different so we offer a range of flexible learning options to suit different requirements and budgets, including a more budget friendly shore diving course as well as our Dampier Archipelago option.
Dive Equipment for Beginners
We are a full service dive centre and you’ll find we have everything you need. Full dive equipment hire is included in the price of your course so you don’t have to worry about purchasing any items of equipment in advance – unless you want to!
So are you ready to learn to dive in Western Australia with us? We’d love to be a part of your underwater adventures! If you’d like more information or to make a reservation, fill in our online contact form here, or send us an email here!
We are looking forward to exploring underwater with you soon!